Saturday, May 13, 2006

The best 26th birthday ever!

The birthday rundown...Marc was an absolute sweetheart yesterday! He didn't get cranky when I woke up at 6:15AM, ravenous with hunger and having to eat a bowl of cereal in bed. He was the best. He just woke up with me, cuddling and giving me back-tickles (my favorite!). He gave me the new Matisyahu CD that I've been wanting and we spent the morning taking it easy, packing for our trip to Sacramento. He even made me pancakes for breakfast (second breakfast, that is).

Renee rode over to Sacramento with us on our liesurely 5 hour drive. We listened to lots of fun music from her Ipod, including Irish celtic music and 80's mixes. As soon as we got here, we headed straight for the mall, as any birthday girl does. We hit a couple of maternity stores and I found a great bathing suit which I can't wait to wear (well, my thighs can wait, but my belly can't).

Marc had made reservations at Lucca, a nice Italian restaurant dowtown Sacramento, so we had a bit of time to shower and relax before heading out for dinner. Aparently Arnold frequents Lucca, but he missed the memo about my birthday yesterday. Oh well. After dinner Marc took me to Scott and Devon's house where they'd hosted a big barbeque for all the Prodigal Project crew. Elena had secretly baked me the cake I wanted...my mom's red velvet cake without the eggs (she mis-wrote her recipe when she copied it down in Jr. High) She also made homemade coconut ice cream, which was pretty much to-die-for! I got lots of chocolate and some almond lotion and lots of cards and moolah.

Thank you to everyone who made my 26th birthday a gem...especially Marc, Elena, Jessie and Levi (for hosting us and even buying us the cutest denim jacket from Baby Gap), and of course my parents, gosh...I feel like I'm at the Oscar's. Thanks to everyone who made my day special, you know who you are!

No comments: