Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yea!

Finally, my blog seems to be functioning normally again! And that is not the only good news in the Hall family today...I'm pretty sure I'm safe to write this here because likely all family members will hear before they read this...

MY BROTHER AND SISTER-IN-LAW ARE PREGNANT!!!!! Yes, this is their first baby and they've successfully been doing Fertility Awareness as a birth control method for a year now, but as many of us know ;) it doesn't work if you cheat! But they are happy. Ethan will be graduating from Notre Dame's Grad School program in May and hopefully have a job lined up by then. So, it seems babies are popping up everywhere...Marc's brother, Tim, is having another boy and his cousin, Debbie, is having a boy soon, too. It's such an exciting time in life!

And, I'm almost afraid to say this, but after having Mieke I've realized that I absolutely adore being a mother. That's not the scarey part...here it is: I want more babies. I mean, I would like to get back in shape again before the next pregnancy. And, yes, I know it's good to have about 2 years between babies, but I simply love having another little person in our family and I can't wait to see what the rest of them will be like.

Ok. There's a little something else. I'm hesitant to write this because we've only just begun this journey of building a family, but I've been thinking a lot about the Gents and the Brodeurs. For those of you who don't know these amazing families, they are huge, ranging from something like 7-11 kids. The kids adore their parents as well as each other and they are such godly people. I just love watching them in action. Oh, I could write an entire blog about these families, but I won't now. You know what's funny, we're watching the movie 'Cheaper by the Dozen' on TV. Ironic. Oh well, God knows how many kids we'll have.

We miss you all, Land-ites!


but, we're all geared up for Chicago

4 comments:

urban mama said...

so glad to hear that you are enjoying motherhood. She is a beauty.

Lisa said...

Finally! You're back! I almost harrassed you several times wanting to hear about your adventures in motherhood. We want a lot of kids too but we will see. I think I might be cool with two for a little while. I hope we can see you soon when you get settled in in Chicago.

Elena said...

You're making me want lots of babies!

devon said...

I say yea! that you're posting and i will often check in on you. Now about my posting delinquency...