Wednesday, May 10, 2006

O happy day, Rachel's birthday!

Today is the day that my dear friend Rachel turns 26. Just to let you know how dear she is to me, she's the kind of friend that I go to when I'm having a pregnancy meltdown. She can easily sympathize. She knows it's not the end of the world, just like I do, but she's still compassionate and reminds me that I'll feel differently when I come out on the other side. She gives me some of the best marriage advice, especially because we live with the same external stresses: community living, ministry oriented, simple cabin-dwelling lifestyle, and the gift of pregnancy within 2 months of marriage.

I just want to say that I am a happier, healthier wife because of her friendship. Thanks, Rachel.

Now, just to clear up a misunderstanding from the petting zoo entry...We do not have cockroaches. I was quoting Erin Brochovich when she said, in regards to her cockroaches, "Do people actually live like this?" Also, the carpenter ants are dwindling and there's no sign of the flying females anymore, thank goodness!

Lastly, soon I will compose an entry of famous Brackley recipes: corn casserole (aka-corn stuff), cheesy mashed potatoes, and probably the Oatmeal Bread (I just have to check with Grammie to see if it's a secret family recipe). Yes, I grew up in a carbohydrate addict's heaven. And although the raw-foodist in me hates to admit it, I truly love spreading the addiction.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Ha, your carb addiction is in your genes! Sorry, but that's one of the "wonderful" characteristics we passed on to you. --Dad

Rae said...

Thanks, Megan. You're a true friend, too. Your words make me feel so happy...

devon said...

megan, how many of us made your corn casserole after having it for the first tie with you? and how many for Christmas dinner? we did. no leftovers whatsoever. Ooh, we could have it this weekend! Remeber your birthday a couple years back when we went to cheescake factory? And Mt. Tam of cours. My favorite thing at that dinner was... the corn cakes! I think i love corn. Tomorrow you leap into your late twenties, are you ready?