Saturday, April 22, 2006

our munchie, the soccer player

Well, our Easter weekend was wonderful. Marc and I drove up to Reno to visit the Hall side of the family and celebrate our nephew, Jackson's, baptism. We stayed in a great hotel, ate lots of yummy food, made lots of family memories (not to mention LOTS of potholders thanks to Auntie Rosalie). But one of my most memorable moments happened Sunday afternoon.

We had all just finished a delicious Sunday brunch and Tim and Katie's house and were all lounging around in the living room on big cushy couches. I happened to be sitting across the room from everyone, watching all the action, when suddenly I felt it: thump...thump. Could this be it? I thought it was supposed to feel like gas or fluttering or a bug crawling on your stomach. But seriously, was it supposed to be this defined? An actual thump? I sat there for a second with a silly grin on my face until Jack Reding, Katie's dad, walked over to me. I should have told Marc first, but I couldn't help it, my awe overwhelmed me and I just had to tell the first person I could: I just felt my baby kick for the first time! (Well, the first time I can say with confidence that it is the baby and not just gas) Lucky for me, he knew Marc's place was next to me with his hand on my belly and he called him over.

You're probably thinking to yourself, "Obviously, Megan, you're only 17 1/2 weeks pregnant; you won't feel the baby kicking from the outside of your belly for weeks still." Not so, my friend. Our munchie is a soccer player. Tuesday I sat eating a slice of pizza and actually felt the baby kicking from the outside of my belly. I did run across the food court of the mall just to see if he could feel it, but unfortunately Marc never happens to be in close enough proximity when munchie is practicing his left kick. Oh well, someday.

This morning I began to wonder if munchie has decided to be an acrobat instead, because I think he did a full flip in there. It was very strange. Whatever munchie wants to be is just fine with me...I know he'll be a superstar.

No comments: