Thursday, August 10, 2006

No time for creativity...

but at least I'll write a quick update on our first week of vacation. My mom was just here for a week, which was spectacular. We did a whirlwind tour of the Bay Area including staying at the lovely Chaminade Hotel in Santa Cruz, Steve and Louise's house, the Holiday Inn at Half Moon Bay, and the Hilton at Oakland Airport. (Thanks for making it all possible, Priceline.com!) We did a lot of relaxing things like picnic at the beach, sit and watch surfers, putz around seaside towns, and shop (of course).

Last weekend my incredible Mother-in-law and Aunt-in-law(?) threw me the biggest and nicest shower I've ever attended. There were about 27 guests (half of whom I met that day) and they literally showered us with gifts! After a few returns and exchanges we now have every imaginable item necessary for bringing a baby into this world (including about 300 diapers). Our munchie has the most extensive wardrobe of any infant I know and WILL be cute even if she is one of those alien-like newborns, thanks to baby Gap's adorable jeans.

We've done lots of running around, but i'm happy to announce that we are officially ready for the birth of our baby (6 more weeks and counting). Marc even installed the car seat tonight.

So, the Subaru is packed up and ready for the second half of our vacation adventure: the Hall family vacation in Tahoe. Departure is at 12:00 noon tomorrow and we are ready to roll. I'll wrap it up for now. It's definitely time for some R&R at the end of this errand-filled day...

No comments: